This is for journaling my thoughts:
On why Mar Roxas:
1. Character/Credibility – He is of the Roxas-Araneta clan – a son of the late Gerry Roxas who also suffered during the Martial Law days. Being rich and part of the elite is not a minus -since he is impervious to the temptations of riches.Though part of the elite -in his stint at Congress and Senate -he has been known to fight against pharmaceutical and pre-need big business in order to serve the many. He has never been connected any corruptions issues ( MRT ? Ask Sobrepena and Vitangcol instead) (Nickel Mining -he is transaprent about his friendship wiht the owners of SR Nickel -a legitimate mining firm). Though not a born-again Christian -he is a devout Catholic -which rarely drags the name of God in public -just in order to gain by it. He is following the Christian Democrat political philosophy -that though not a pure free market/minimal government intervention in the market -is better than pure interventionist and socialist philosophy .
Please see this
http://www.patheos.com/…/…/10/why-i-am-a-christian-democrat/ or this :https://www.christiandemocraticparty.com.au/…/principles-o…/ or this:http://www.christiandemocratsofamerica.org/ab…/what-is-cdoa/
2. Competence/Confidence – He is a BS Economics graduate of Wharton-Pennsylvania , A national department secretary for 3 Phils president – DTI, DOTC and DILG. Former congressman and senator of the republic. The only candidate who held such national position which was trained by adversary during the many typhoons that passed us -especially Yolanda , and the many crisis in our nation’s history -like Zamboanga siege and Mamasapano debacle . He passed so much bills and ,made so many self-sustaining programs -that affects us citizens -that we even failed to acknowledge his efforts here.
3. Connections/Creativity – He is once the party chairman of the Liberal party -in a country of turncoats. Though others may think we can run the country as independents -he has not forgotten that we need accountability and discipline in order to reach and focus on national goals and aspirations. He is known to be a team player -even when the situation pressured him to be a one-man committee. His lineage means he knows those people who maybe able to contribute thie gifts, talents and trainings for nationwide building. He has even a wife whose heart is into public service- Ms Korina Sanchez-Roxas.
4. Courage/Commitment/Compassion -Even with all the garbage and accusations thrown his way -he remains working for the Filipino. Even if he has to go against 2 presidents -he has done it to protect the common good. Even if he has to risk his life in situations -already too near the danger or the conflict (Tacloban and Zamboanga). Even with a job already in New York -he left it to be a part of the new government under the late Pres Cory.
Please see this : http://marroxas.com/
5. Communication/Critical Thinking -we have seen during the 3 presidential debates -only him has the coherent programs and how-to’s. he has been able to do the counter-arguement when they mobbed him during the 2nd debate. Even though he can speak in English fluently – he strives to communicate his ideas in Tagalog or Visayan dialect.
And lastly -when I read these verses , after the Lord Jesus Christ, -it is only him among the 5 – that I am able to think of -others are deficient in some areas, others are totally contrary to it:
1 Timothy 2: 1-3 (Peaceful,Quiet,Godly and Dignified)
1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people,
2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.
3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,
Luke 3: 10 ( Compassion, not cheating nor extorting)
10 And the crowds asked him, “What then shall we do?”
11 And he answered them, “Whoever has two tunics <Note:Greek `chiton`, a long garment worn under the cloak next to the skin> is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.”
12 Tax collectors also came to be baptized and said to him, “Teacher, what shall we do?”
13 And he said to them, “Collect no more than you are authorized to do.”
14 Soldiers also asked him, “And we, what shall we do?” And he said to them, “Do not extort money from anyone by threats or by false accusation, and be content with your wages.”
Romans 13 -whole chapter -( Law-abiding and Minister of God for good)
6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing.
7 Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.
8 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.
9 For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Philippians 3: (Think about what is good and honorable)
5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand;
6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.